Tuesday, November 3, 2015

National Novel Writing Month

50,000.

That's a pretty big number. I wouldn't mind having that many dollar bills. Or maybe Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Definitely Legos so I could build all the things.

But that's not what I'm talking about. 50,000 is important because that is my word goal in order to win NaNoWriMo!

What is NaNoWriMo, you ask? Why, it's National Novel Writing Month! Every November, writers are encouraged to join and write 50,000 towards their novel. I've participated a couple times (and won each year!), but I took last year off. Under the encouragement of my boyfriend, I decided in between working, working out, gearing up for the holidays, reading challenges, and my new-found love of organizing, it was a great idea to give this a try! I'll be sure to check in weekly to give everyone an update on my word count and if I actually figure out a plot of some times.

Do I have any idea what I'm going to write? Nope.

Will there be a lot of frustration and confusion? Oh yes.

Do I ever plan things like this out properly? No, never.

Will it be fun? Probably!

If you're interested, feel free to check out the site! You might even be inspired to write your own novel!



No comments:

Post a Comment